is a Czech composer and pianist. She studied jazz piano in bachelor's and master's program at the Academy of Music in Prague under the leadership of professors Karel Ruzicka, Vit Kristan, Jaromir Honzak, David Doruzka, Jiri Slavik and Lubos Soukup.
Kristina Barta also studied classical music (oboe, piano, flute and drums) at the Gymnasium of Jan Neruda and at the Prague's Conservatories.
She participated in national and international competitions:
- Powiew Mlodego Jazzu, Krokus Jazz Festival 2017 in Poland- the best piano player
- OSA composer's competition- the best jazz composition for 2016
- During the same year, the Czech Radio as a member of EBU (European Broadcasting Union) was nominated a live recording of the bachelor concert by Kristina Barta in the prestigious European competition for young jazz projects, Euroradio Jazz Competition 2016. The trio was chosen by the European Commission among the four finalists and Kristina Barta performed at the legendary concert hall Bimhuis in Amsterdam.
- The finalist of Pianist of year 2016 in Czechia
- In 2015, Kristina Barta founded her own trio with Jan Feco on bass and Marek Urbanek on drums. The trio recorded the first demo tape and won the competition Jazz Prix 2015. The international jury composed by R. Dombrowski (German music journalist), G. Schroder (The US Attorney Kurland Agency ) and Rudy Linka (Czech jazz guitarist) took her distinctive and fresh approach to the arrangement, and to her own compositions. The trio has performed at the Bohemia Jazz Fest in Prachatice and Pilsen before the band Yellowjackets.
- Prague Junior Note, Concertino Praga in 1997
Kristina Barta works with many musicians and orchestras:
Euroradio Jazz Orchestra 2017 in France, under the leadership of Airelle Besson. David Friedman (USA), Karel Ruzicka jr., Jiri Stivin, Frantisek Uhlir and others. Felix Slovacek Bigband, Vaclav Hybs Orchestra, Bohemia Bigband, Golden Bigband Prague, BigChess Band led by Vaclav Kozel, Czech National Symphony Orchestra, Prague Film Orchestra and other orchestras. KLARA by Klara Vytiskova, Svihadlo, Green Smatroll, Chamber Worcester and other bands.
Since 2009, Kristina Barta has been teaching at several Prague schools. In 2016 Ratibořická Music School opened a new instruction branch in piano, focusing on jazz interpretation and improvisation under her leadership.